Friday, July 27, 2012

DIY Ring Holder

I haven’t met my Prince Charming yet so I do not have the Harry Winston princess-cut diamond engagement ring I picked out when I was 12. Due to that fact I like to change up the rings I currently wear on my perfectly (most of the time, whatever, shut up) manicured fingers, I wanted something cute to display them in and needed to make a jewelry box. The tons of Tiffany boxes filled with random jewelry just weren't practical so I made my own!


 

Items you will need:
-Box (I used a wood box and painted it, but you can use any cardboard box, and decorate however!)
-Hot glue gun or superglue, double sided tape would also work
-Toilet paper or paper towel roll
-A piece of fabric, I cut up an old tee-shirt
-First Start with your box, I used a wooden box and painted it blue with glitter on top, but feel free to get creative!
 
Then you will need to use some paper towel or toilet paper rolls and cut them up to fit to size.
 
Put them in the box to make sure they fit, I used one paper towel roll and three toilet paper rolls and realized that I ran out. So then I just cut up a piece of cardboard from a cereal box and rolled it into a tube.  
 
Now you will want to grab an old t-shirt or a piece of fabric. 
 
Cut out long strips which you will use to wrap around each toilet paper roll.
 
I used a hot glue gun, but you can just use some super glue and paint a line down the roll, no need to be perfect as it will end up being glued to the bottom of the box.
 
 Stick the fabric onto the strip of glue, be careful the glue is super-hot and the fabric I used was thin!
 
No need to do it perfectly, I didn’t measure when I cut out the fabric and it didn’t reach all the way around, also note how there is a little bit (an inch or two is fine) of fabric hanging off the end of each roll.
Now you will just tuck the extra into the tube, another good tip is to stuff the tubes with either left over fabric or ripped up toilet paper of paper towels so that the tubes are stronger.
 
Then you will want to put some glue inside the box and stick in the tubes.
 
Now your finished and you can put in all of your rings!
 

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

2 comments:

health and beauty