Friday, July 27, 2012

Splurge or Skip: Blinc Mascara



Has anyone heard about the European mascara company that uses Octopus ink to make mascara? Well obviously it's amazing, I know because I had them send me one every three months (Because FYI you should always change your mascara every three months). Anyway, when my credit card was rudely chopped up into a million pieces of depressing confetti, I was on my own for mascara. So I decided to try BLINC mascara and I am obsessed! This mascara creates a tube around your lashes so it doesnt clump. For $26 a tube I was very pleased! 

How to use: Coat over your lashes like your average mascara (if you need a how-to for that part, I imagine you don’t leave the house much and therefore probably have no use for things like mascara). You can add as many coats as you want until you receive your desired effect, but after 60 seconds the tubes adhere and dry and you can’t add any more layers so hurry up! To remove, you just want to use warm water and gentle pressure; I used water and a washcloth and they came right off. But I am way too lazy to use a wash cloth everyday, so one night I just took a shower and they slid right off during the shower. Basically the ‘tubes’ just slide off and you are good to go. 

Rating: 4



Aspects I love: I can’t cry it off (wait… what? Not everyone sobs during all Hallmark commercials?) You will NEVER wake up with raccoon eyes, and it comes in a bunch of colors; Black, dark brown, medium brown, dark blue, dark purple and dark green. Best of all, IT DOESN’T CLUMP!



Aspects I don’t love: Sometimes you might want thickening, lengthening, etc and this one doesn’t include everything. While you can use it over another mascara, it then does add another step to your routine. And it does give you a mini heart attack when you look at the drain and you see the ‘tubes’ of mascara and you think that you just lost all your eyelashes!


Every website that I saw it on sold it for $26, but blincinc was the only one I saw that had all the colors. Sephora.com only has black and birchbox.com only has black and brown.

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,


Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty