Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lipstick, Lip Gloss, Chapstick - It's All in My Bag


I am willing to admit that I ALWAYS have a bunch of lip products in my bag whether I am carrying my Charlotte Olympia Pandora clutch or my giant Reed Krakoff Atlantique tote. I came to that realization today when I was looking for my YSL nail polish pen and just kept pulling out lip glosses. (Very frustrating as I was in desperate need of a nail design on my boring nails, immediately).
So starting from the left these are the items I have in my bag today:

 

1.)    Liplicous Lip Gloss in ‘Pink Lemonade,’ $7.50 at Bath & Body Works
This one is just delicious, it has the best smell: smells like lemonade but also very sweet. It doesn’t look yellow once it’s on, just gives a sheer, glittery look. The only downside to this one is that it is sticky.

2.)    Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm $7
I bought my first Rosebud Balm in about 7th grade and have always stayed loyal and buy them whenever I get low. It is much more of a Chapstick then a gloss and is colorless. It (obviously) smells like strawberries but isn’t overwhelmingly sweet. I must admit I actually don’t just use this one on my lips, I use it EVERYWEHRE. It’s great for dry skin; I put it on cuticles and even on my feet and then top it with a pair of cotton socks before bed.

3.)    Mac Lip Conditioner, $15
This ‘lip conditioner’ is completely clear like a Chapstick, but wears more like a gloss and leaves your lips SO soft. It has a sweet delicate scent and can be worn alone or under gloss/lipstick. (I have the small pot of it; the tube featured above is the same product.)

4.)    Mac Lipstick in ‘Angel,' $15
The woman at the MAC counter talked me into it (FYI, I am the ideal consumer because you can basically convince me to buy anything). I got this one in ‘Angel,’ which works well with my coloring and I think would look nice on most skin tones, but they do have a HUGE variety to choose from. I love the scent of the lipstick. Once I apply the lip conditioner, I use a lip brush to put on the lipstick.

5.)    Dr. Hunter Lip Salve, $12
This is a salve; it has a slight honey scent and feels a bit minty when applied. It is truly a salve for dry chapped skin. I do like the feel and smell of it but it doesn’t have the greatest taste, so don’t lick your lips a lot!



6.)    EF Studio Gloss in Twisted Kiss, $22 
This gloss looks dark but fear not: it’s actually just a bit darker than a tinted gloss. It doesn’t have a scent but goes on smooth, and ISN’T STICKY! And it’s very easy to use, the applicator is great: an extra-long very slanted spongy tip. You don’t need a mirror to put this on the way you would with a darker color.
 
 
Perfectly Glossed Kisses,  

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty