Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Newspaper Nails

So mayyyybe I don’t get a chance to read the newspaper like every single day, but that doesn’t mean that the paper isn’t important to me! Especially today when I decided to do news-print nails, I was thrilled with how they came out. It’s a very easy DIY even if you aren’t the most crafty girl and you don’t need to be a perfectionist with this manicure. 



First, paint your nails white and let dry (really let them dry, stop being impatient!)



Now you need a bottle of rubbing alcohol. (I got mine from the drug store for a few dollars.)
 

Pour a bit of the alcohol in a paper cup. Rip up strips of newspapers and soak each strip in the cup of alcohol for about 15 seconds (some websites say you hold your finger in the cup of alcohol but I found this worked better and didn’t dry out my fingers).



Gently press the soak newspaper against each finger nail and it will transfer onto your nails.



The last step is to paint a coat of clear polish on. The newspaper makes nails look a bit lackluster, but once you put a coat of clear on they will be shiny. If you forget to put on the clear polish your newspaper manicure also won’t last as long.


Let me know how they come out!

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty