Thursday, September 20, 2012

Meet Thirteen Vintage. You're Welcome.



For a few years now, I've had a secret to my style. I've had an arsenal of completely unique, statement-making pieces from both favorite brands and emerging designers at my fingertips, and at prices that make me weep from joy. Well, I'm starting to feel guilty keeping the secret to myself, because, ya know, I like you guys. So, this is my gift to you. The secret is Thirteen Vintage. 

You may have seen me wearing some Thirteen Vintage amazingness before - like here - but it's time for me to fill you in on why you want to shop this place. Which you can do in person if you happen to find yourself in the incredibly charming town of New Hope, PA (highly recommend it), but, thankfully, you can do it from anywhere online. Anywhere, any time - I like to shop there at work, at lunch with boring people, during any movie with Jennifer Aniston in it...you get the idea.

Here's the deal: this is the best curated store/site I've found to date. I don't know how these guys do it, but they toe the perfect line between on-trend and individualistic. They can predict trends before they happen, so you'll always be ahead of the curve but you'll never look like a fashion victim. Plus, you can see their real love of fashion and expertise in every piece - everything is thoughtfully picked, everything is different and fun and flattering. They actually think about the girl who will wear every single piece. The results are feminine but always with a very cool edge, running the gamut from subtle to Daphne Guinness-esque boldness.

You'll find the store's own private label mixed in with vintage, and even downtown-girl brands like Unif and Gypsy Junkies. Here's a must-have Unif dress in the store now, of course perfectly styled:


(Available online here)

And boy, do they know their shoes. Doc Martens, Jeffrey Campbell, Betsey Johnson - plus other hard-to-find brands - and everything is unique, fresh and edgy. I'm dying for these brocade Docs...

(available online here)

In short, if you like cool clothing, shoes and accessories and you don't want to eat ramen to afford them, this is a no-brainer. It's like, what, you don't want one of these babies?

(Available online here)


Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty