Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Your Fall Wish List Picks

One of my favorite things to talk about is what everyone's buying for Fall. It's all I think about, so at least be glad I'm not so self-absorbed that I only care about what I'm buying. I am truly dying to know what every person in my life is buying so I can steal it judge them gush with him or her. 

It says a lot about a person to know what he or she is buying for fall. Is this person classic, a trendsetter or trend lover? Is this person planning on attending a lot of parties, spending a lot of time being boring and staying in the office, or hitting flea markets hard on the weekends? 

I've asked on Twitter and what I learned is that you guys like boots. Nay, you love boots. I'll admit, it is the ultimate fall buy. Every fall you must buy new boots, even if the only difference between your new knee-high black flat riding boots and your old knee-high black flat riding boots is that the new ones have a studded toe. It's a rite of passage, it's taking the year on with new resolution. It's symbolic stuff, people. Someday, the first day of fall will be celebrated by exchanging the gift of boots with our loved ones.

For example, I agree with TheGlamourina that these Nicholas Kirkwoods are naturally a must for this season. 



These are more practical than you may think. They will give looks a shot of glamour and texture whether your outfit includes daytime leggings and a sweater or an after-dark cocktail dress. $1,390 at Bergdorf.


I was also shown the light to these Tabitha Simmons Early ankle boots, which I'm pretty sure I or anyone else would end up living in all fall - they're the ideal city-weekend shoes and would be a cool finish to anything from skinny jeans to floral dresses.


$1,195 at Tabitha Simmons.



Another fall MUST is the biker jacket. This classic is always getting reinvented every season, so I find it mandatory to have both a timeless black version as well as the reiteration du jour. For a classic, there is no better label to turn to than Acne.


$12,000 at My Wardrobe.

But I'm just as in love with Maje's striking patterned spin on the coverup:


$685 at Net-A-Porter.



Loafers and slippers are proving their staying power and there is definitely no cooler way to stay comfortable. This season, fashion-forward girls like MissClare are upping the ante with studded renditions and I can't think of a better way to give any day or night look some edge.

The good news is, there are so many options that you can find a pair at any price point - or buy them all, ALL OF THEM. Sorry, I'll calm down. Anyway, here is a dreamy version from Giuseppe Zanotti: 


$1,295 at Couture.Zappos.com.

And then there's this way-cool but whoa-affordable pair:





$24.99 at Necessary Clothing.

What are YOU buying? You can call me at any time of night to tell me.

Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty