Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Apple Manicure

FALL, FALL, FALL! In case you were wondering, fall is my favorite season. Apple picking, hot cider, leaves changing colors, sweaters and boots, does it get any better? I needed my nails to reflect my love of fall.

I wanted to do some apple nails I saw somewhere before the season was right. I was a bit nervous as to how hard this would be, but fear not, it was so simple. I started by painting my nails with CND Gold Shimmer which just creates a shine gold sheer base color.


Then I used CND red polish in Fireberry and started to paint the apple. Make a half circle on the corner of your nail.



Now do the same thing on the other side.



Now I used the nail pen to draw the stem. I only had a black one which seemed to work fine, but you could do a brown color with a pen or free hand if you prefer.



Now it is time for the stem, I used a green nail polish (Forever21 polish) and a tooth pick. Just dip the tooth pick in the polish and paint on the leaf.



To really make these nails really pop I put on a curved white line (using NYC Nail Enamel - bought at a drug store) to make the apples look as if they are shiny. I used another toothpick and white polish to draw on the white line.


Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

6 comments:

  1. Ok - I am trying your nail art suggestions tonight - they are so simple!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love a mani that I can easily accomplish!

      Delete
  2. GREAT idea! I love this!! Will try it soon I think.

    Elspeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute idea :) and easy to do!
    I'm your newest follower :D xx

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

health and beauty