Monday, October 22, 2012

October Birchbox


I have always loved getting mail. Sometimes I shop online instead of going shopping just because I would rather have something arrive in the mail. Receiving mail, beauty products and surprises are three of my favorite things, so it's no wonder I ordered and am obsessed with Birchbox. For $10 a month I receive a box of beauty samples in the mail. One of the things that I love about Birchbox in particular is that they send four to five deluxe samples each month and include one non-beauty product (last month I got Earbud headphones). You will usually get items that work for you: when you join you fill out a questionnaire asking you ago, hair color, skin color/concerns and how advanced your makeup skills are. They also have tips on how to use their products, and cute video how-tos.


I got two of the LA Fresh nail polish remover wipes which is quite convenient for me as I change my nail polish so often. This is a great product to keep in your bag, they are orange scented which is definitely less obnoxious then regular remover, but I will not say that it doesn't smell like remover. I tried one on regular polish and it worked quite well, then I tried one on a glitter polish and was able to remove some of the polish but needed to switch to regular polish remover and cotton balls, a trick we showed you here.



I love products that have more than one use. This highlighter, the Balm from Mary-Lou Manizer, brightens and widens the eyes when applied along the brow bone and in the inside corners of eyes, and can also be used as an all-over shimmer. This product is a great example of why I love Birchbox: I discovered a new product that I now love and the packaging is so cute, about the size of a box of matches.



Another sample product in an adorable size (I truly believe wonderful things come in small boxes, Tiffany's much?): Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss. It's light, works for all skin tones, and isn't too sticky. Gave me a "bee-stung" lip without burning (But it does have a little tingle).


I was of course happy to get another Willa product - I've been obsessed before and after the launch at Bendel's. This moisturizer is great, lightweight, has natural ingredients and is always paraben-free. Won't leave you greasy and absorbs on contact. (Honestly, who doesn't love an inexpensive product, $11.50, which actually works?) PS: get a TON of Willa products for free by going to their webpage and sending a pic of you in your Halloween costume!


The Luna bar was the non-beauty product in this month’s Birchbox. I happen to like Luna bars because they are pretty healthy and are rather delicious. I always carry some kind of snack in my bag at all times, I am not enjoyable if I'm hungry (Astor refuses to leave the apartment with me unless I have some type of food in my bag).

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

1 comment:

  1. how do you keep your nails healthy changing the polish so often?????
    Regards, Concerned

    ReplyDelete

health and beauty