Monday, February 4, 2013

Hang Your Necklaces with Flair


I have an accessory addiction. You know this. I have a small apartment, too. I have a "jewelry tree" that is supposed to fit my jewelry, SUPPOSED TO. That tree is about to break, the sad little thing. It is a monstrous weeping willow of necklaces.

I also have a cork board in my room that I use as a physical Pinterest because I'm old school and you know what? I highly recommend it. There's something even more fun than clicking about ripping an awesome page out of the magazine you're reading and honoring it by pinning it on your wall.

The cork board is inspiring. The jewelry tree is sad. Today, for a moment, I looked from the cork board to the tree. Cork board, tree. Cork board, tree - BOOM. They should get married!

I hung all my necklaces from the pins. Now it's a fashionably festive jewelry displayer/holder/storage thing! It makes me happy. Because, you know, I like my necklaces, I think they're pretty cool, that's why I have them. And I love fashion and I love the pictures on my board. So I think they look pretty sweet all together, it's like the ultimate print clash.




I share this with you because I think you'd have your own personal ball if you did this in your own personal room. Cork board is super cheap at any office supply store or even just on Amazon. Then you can get thumb tacks - and hey, get some fancy ones, I plan on that being my next update. Pin some inspiring tear sheets, then hang your jewelry. Now it's decor and storage all in one!

Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

1 comment:

  1. Great idea!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower!!
    xo jess
    www.stmurrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

health and beauty