Monday, February 25, 2013

SOF Scoop: Christina Yi

SOF: What motivated you to start your own line?

Christina Yi: I've always wanted to start my own line because it gives me the creative freedom and allows me to provide a way for people like me to express themselves.

SOF: Where do you find inspiration for your designs?

CY: Inspiration for me is pulled from everything in life.  It could be an emotion, shape, texture, literature, history or anything that triggers a deeper connection to me.


(At the FW13 show - photo credit: Sam Gold)


SOF: Who are your biggest style icons and influencers?

CY: This is a hard question.  I would have to say at the moment it is Daphne Guinness, Rooney Mara, Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Christina Ricci, Johnny Depp, Ryan Gosling, there's so many that I can't really name them all ^_^

SOF: Who is the woman you design for, what is her life like?

CY: The woman I design for is a fearless and confident person who isn't afraid to express who she is.  She's cultured and enjoys every part of life while she travels the world to defeat the odds.

SOF: Your designs are bold in their artful feel and edge, yet they're very flattering and incredibly made. What are some tips you have for women in how to wear these pieces, how to style them?

CY: These pieces are made to be worn effortlessly and easy to wear from day to evening.  They are easy to mix and match with each other or with whatever else is in your closet.  If you want to make a statement, these are the garments you want to style with your favorite heels.


 (At the FW13 show - photo credit: Sam Gold)


SOF: What lies in the future for your line, where do you hope to see it go over the coming years?

CY: I would love to see my line in boutiques across the nation in the near future.  And I would love to have key people wear garments from my label.  In the future, I hope to apply for notable awards and see where it could go from there.  

SOF: Where do you shop, online and/or brick-and-mortar?

CY: My favorite go-to shops online and/or brick-and-mortar are luisaviaroma.comasos.com,
skingraftdesigns.com, and the y3 store. If I'm in Soho, then Zara or Atrium. to name a few.

SOF: What is the last thing you bought?

CY: The last thing I purchased was a pair of Y-3 Summa.  Love Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty