Tuesday, April 9, 2013

SOF Scoop: Jen Mendenhall-Waldorf of Style Bomb



It's hard for a fashion blogger to stand out these days, since there's oh, about a billion. But Jen Mendenhall-Waldorf, creator of Style Bomb (quite literally a bomb of style, color, sparkle and pattern), is one of the innately talented, outgoing and individualistically chic girls who do it. Her love of statement pieces, innovative prints and high-voltage hues lends itself to visually stunning blog posts, while her funny but fashionably expert voice makes for content that is totally relatable and helpful - you'll be inspired and you'll know where to get what she just made you covet. For these reasons and many more, we had to interview this vibrant lady.

SOF: If you could only wear one designer for the rest of your life - but had unlimited access to everything from that label - what would it be?
JEN: I feel like this is our favorite talking point! Last year, I believe I said Matthew Williamson, but now I would have to say Peter Pilotto. If I was in fact limited to one designer till I was old and gray, their prints would make me infinity happy. 

SOF: What are your favorite three things in your closet? 
JEN: I know this sounds crazy, but I bought a bunch of stuff for my wedding with the sole intention of making them wardrobe staples. One being a hot pink motorcycle jacket that I wore to our rehearsal dinner and a Dannijo bib necklace I wore on the big day, I wear it now at least twice a week. My other obsession is a toss up between a vintage sequin jacket my brother found in a bin at a small store in Denver and my Sass & Bide ikat jeans. 

SOF: What beauty product can you not live without?
JEN: It's impossible to just say one, so I apologize in advance, but I absolutely love By Terry Baume De Rose, Josie Maran Argan Oil Sunscreen and Make Up For Ever's Pro Finish Powder. Now I'm on the hunt for an amazing night creme that is ideal for sensitive skin. 

SOF: What made you decide to start a blog, and what's your favorite thing about blogging? 
JEN: I began my career in magazine publishing and with my crazy style, often my fashion picks were replaced by my editor. Then, I thought if I started a blog I could talk about all the things I loved without being censored. My favorite part about blogging is discovering new & independent designers and hopefully giving them a wee bit of exposure.

SOF: What is your favorite go-to brick-and-mortar store? And online store? 
JEN: Technically, Matches is a brick-and-mortar & online store, but since all their boutiques are in London and I'm in NYC that would be my pick for online, while Intermix in the Meatpacking District and Yumi Kim are a few of my top picks. 

SOF: What is the last thing you bought?
JEN: I'm obsessed with all things ocean and surf-inspired and just bought shark tooth earrings from C.Wonder (http://rstyle.me/~lAES) and a gold shark tooth necklace from BaubleBar (http://rstyle.me/n/tbnaizae). 
Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty