Thursday, September 26, 2013

DIY Gift: Decorated Box


I needed a birthday gift for a friend who has everything. What was I left to do? Obviously make her a gift. I needed something cute, yet practical. So I went to the craft store for some inspiration and supplies.



I purchased a plain wood photo box at the craft store. The top of the box is glass, but you could also use an all wood box for this project.

I started by using a screwdriver to remove all of the metal pieces.


 
I painted the outside of the box white (except for the glass) and painted the inside purple.
Once the paint was dry, I use to screwdriver to replace all of the metal pieces.
 


I purchased a strong glue and flat backed, blue, glass marbles. Applying a dot of glue to each stone, I started gluing the stones onto the glass.


 
 
I glued different sizes and colored stones randomly across the top of the box.
 
 
Voila finished! I wrapped up the box and it was the perfect gift!
 
Perfectly Glossed Kisses,
Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty