Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DIY: Revamping Tired Furniture Volume II



You may remember when I revamped another table, and I needed to do it again! My old, tired, bedside table was not working for me. I painted it white which looked okay... until I put a mug of hot tea on it. The paint under the mug started to peel and bubble. It was time for an upgrade. I covered the top of the dresser in beautiful wrapping paper! This project will work on any wood surface.





This DIY  is super easy and you only need a few supplies: 


• Modge Podge

• Exacto knife
• Wrapping paper
• Paint brush




Start by painting on a thin layer of Modge Podge over the top of the table.



Then lay the wrapping paper over the top and smooth it out.

After it dries, use and exacto knife to cut around the paper. This is much easier than using scissors and you will get much straighter lines. 



Once the edges are cut, paint another layer of Modge Podge over the top. This will protect the wrapping paper and you can wipe it down when it gets dirty.



Once that dries, you're done and have a brand new bedside table! (Especially if you're using one without chipped paint, unlike me!) 




Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton





No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty