Friday, April 11, 2014

What We're Wearing April 11th, 2014

Today, and most days, I used my Thairapy 365 blow dryer. They claim it decreases drying time by 50% - and I can confirm that's true! It also leaves my hair soft and shiny, like no other blow dryer does. At $180.00 it is a bit pricy, but with heat distribution it protects your hair and you can't put a price on that.

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,


Sutton 




As y’all know (look at me, casually throwing in a “y’all”), I’d been debating investing in the slip-on sneaker trend. Beyond the hot pink and black checkered Vans I have from my high school skater phase. Well, I finally bit the bullet. I had some gift cards to Piperlime so I popped into the Soho store yesterday and snagged a pair of these Steve Maddens. I’d eyed them a while ago but was still on the fence about the whole thing. But then I kept thinking about them, which is my way of knowing there will always be a hole in my heart unless I buy that thing. I’m obsessed with the fact that they’re pony hair. Although, I’m concerned about how this texture plays into summer – which I just asked the masses on Twitter so hopefully will get some opinions. What do you think?

And by the way, slip-on sneakers should be the most comfortable thing ever – Vans are – but I know fashion bastardizes comfort even when it adopts something that’s been in existence long before the runways decided to pay attention. And beyond that, Steve Madden is a sadistic designer who can make anything positively painful. But I thought, sneakers! Comfy! Right as the sales girl rang me up, she informed me that she had these, too, and had to wear Band-aids the first three days. YAY. I’ve walked quite a bit today and can tell you that while I do feel a little rubbing at the back, it’s nowhere near Band-aid zone. I think the breaking in will be worth it! If you want these, they’re at Nasty Gal for $110.

 


 Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty